To “Below Deck” Producers “51 Minds” An Endemol Company and “Bravo Television” A Division of NBC Universal Television
|Mark Cronin||…||executive producer (28 episodes, 2013-2015)|
|Elise Duran||…||executive producer (13 episodes, 2014)|
|Tania Hamidi||…||associate producer (13 episodes, 2014)|
|Courtland Cox||…||executive producer (13 episodes, 2015)|
|Nadine Rajabi||…||executive producer (13 episodes, 2015)|
Herself – Chief Stewardess / … (9 episodes, 2014-2015)
Herself – Steward / … (8 episodes, 2014-2015)
Himself – Bosun / … (8 episodes, 2014-2015)
Himself – Captain / … (8 episodes, 2014-2015)
Himself – Chef (2 episodes, 2015)
Himself – Deckhand & 2nd Engineer (2 episodes, 2015)
|Raquel ‘Rocky’ Dakota||…||
Herself – 2nd Stew / … (2 episodes, 2015)
Himself – Deckhand (2 episodes, 2015)
Herself – Deckhand (2 episodes, 2015)
I posted 2 articles in the last week regarding Below Deck cast member Raquel “Rocky” Dakota and her previous Reality TV Show experience. Here are links to the articles in question:
- 11/13: https://bitchbybravo.com/2015/11/13/breaking-news-rocky-dakota-bartlow-in-third-reality-tv-show-she-appeared-on-season-5-of-abc-tvs-wipeout-exclusive-videophotos/
- 11/11: https://bitchbybravo.com/2015/11/11/exclusive-belowdecks-rocky-dakota-bartlow-is-a-reality-tv-star-veteran-has-she-forgotten-her-appearance-on-frankenfood-video/
I have two questions regarding the casting of Raquel “Rocky” Dakota aka Raquel Bartlow in Below Deck Season 3.
- Below Deck is billed as a “Reality TV Show” following the lives of “actual” crew members work in the yachting industry. Did you know of Ms.Dakota’s previous participation in TV shows “WipeOut” and “Frankenfoods” when she was cast for your show Below Deck?
- Do you do any type of background checks for work experience during the casting process? I ask due to the obvious dangers of casting inexperienced yacht crew members aboard a multi-million dollar boat. As we saw on the television series, Ms Dakota and Chef Leon Walker set a kitchen fire due to negligible health standards (Leon) and ignorance (Dakota) who kept opening the oven, letting air in, which caused the grease to ignite. We also saw another cast member Dane unable to perform his duties during anchor watch. It was later shown Dane having a problem with alcohol. All three of these “players” could have caused boat, crew, and passengers alike great harm through sheer ignorance through unqualified experience for jobs they were hired to do.
- Why doesn’t Captain Lee have approval in who is hired for his crew? It’s understandable that your production team wants to create drama/interest for the show, but the Captain of the ship MUST have a hand in deciding who is qualified to be on board. Producers are looking for more drama than safety, so the Captain’s imput is vital.
Thank-you in advance for your response! I look forward to putting any inaccuracies to rest. As a fan of the show, and Reality TV on Bravo, I wish to shed light on the truth. Best wishes for continued success with Below Deck!